SASANE Sisterhood Trekking and Travel provides socially responsible tourism through training local female survivors from domestic violence, child marriage, human trafficking & from underprivileged community group as trekking and tour guides to lead tours through rural mountain villages of Nepal.
It was founded on May 8, 2016, and has a registered office at Kalikasthan, Dillibazar, Kathmandu, Nepal and branch office at Birauta, Pokhara, Nepal. Currently, we have 31 certified and experienced female trekking guides.
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to break the evil chain of gender violence and human trafficking by providing a dignified and viable source of income to the impoverished and targeted in a community.
We believe that every human trafficking survivor can achieve her individual dream and potential. We envision a Nepal where each survivor is equipped with the self-esteem, skills, and knowledge necessary to become a leader in her chosen field.
We aim to create sustainable tourism with multiple benefits to society with the following objectives;
- To create a unique experience for travellers so they can learn and understand more about Nepalese culture and unique hospitality,
- Educating Guides about the unique environment, flora and fauna, and its fragility, the need to tread softly whilst enjoying its beauty and grace,
- Providing employment opportunities which empower the women survivors economically, physically and emotionally,
- Bringing income into remote villages which are vulnerable to trafficking due to lack of education and poverty,
- Generating income to: 1. Fund education and training programs 2. Fund education and training programs,
- By researching the world’s best practice, new infrastructure will be both innovative and sustainable:- Economically, Environmentally & Culturally,
- Facilitating the reunion of families with their daughters. They may be proud of their daughter’s resilience and resourcefulness,
- The SASANE Sisterhood mentors and inspires young girls to be their best; reducing their vulnerability to trafficking, re-trafficking, abuse and child marriages.